Friday, December 16, 2016

Maw Young's - - - Kumquate Tree

I really enjoy being neighbors with the person that purchased my Maw-Maw's old house !  She occasionally lets me take an inside Tour - - - the Yard is not kept up as in the days of my Maw-Maw - - but I still enjoy going over and just looking !   Unfortunately, Lightening struck the Kumquate Tree next to the old House.  Limbs had to be cut - - and my Neighbor, Doris asked me if I wanted any Limbs !   Ofcourse I do !  I'll also give a limb or two to a few nearby relatives.


Doris told me to walk over to  "our" house 5PM on Friday and I could pick up all the Limbs from the ground that I wanted !   She has a vicious Dog in "our" yard - - so I must wait until she's Home.   This is also doing her a favor, whereby she does not have to pick up the limbs herself to destroy.  For whatever her reason, I'm very thankful & delighted to have the opportunity to get some Kumquate Cuttings !


My Cousin has talked me into Rooting a limb or two for her !   I happen to have some Potting Soil in my Yard (in pots) - -  It's Christmas - - so I think I will root a limb for my Cousin !  Let's just Pray that it grows ! 

I truly hope my Limb(s) grow - - I already know where I'm planting those- - (yes 'those' (more than one) - - - I plan to get 4 for my yard !  Maybe I'll end up with an Orchard !

A Small Fruit with Big Flavor
Kumquat.jpeg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment !