Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Meals on Wheels - - Begin Tonight !


I was going to cancel my Blog - - but then, I said - - what the heck - - I enjoy typing - - so I'll continue typing my Blog for awhile.  So here goes......


Tonight - - Meals on Wheels begin again (after the Holidays) at Judson !   It's  Spaghetti &  Meatballs for Wednesday Evening Supper at Judson.  This Evening, I'll be delivering five (5) meals.  Four (4) of those will be to two (2) Elderly Married Couples - - each of whose Spouse has Cancer.  And, the other is to an elderly Widow, Ms. Jeanne.


Nothing is ever as E-Z as it appears - - -yes, it's E-Z to deliver meals to someone's door-step - - -however - - I managed to one evening lock the Elderly Widow, Ms. Jeanne out of her Home - - - she walked me out to her back door steps - - and I automatically locked her Back-Door!   OOPS !   Thankfully, she keeps one of her doors UNLOCKED  (for Emergencies) - - I assumed this was an Emergency - - - Ms. Jeanne is on a Walker and could not have successfully walked across the Front Lawn without falling - - So I quickly walked across the Front Lawn & entered through the UNLOCKED Front Door and made my way to the Back Door & unlocked it.   - -Ms. Jeanne returned to the Comfort of her Home!   Yes, we still laugh about it - - although, I don't think it's too amusing - -  - but being in her 80's, I'm glad I can bring a little laughter into her life.


Another amusing story - - one of the other Couples to whom I deliver - - on the first evening, the Husband told his Wife, it's "the Blonde-Hair  Lady" from Church delivering Meals.   Now, I ask the Reader of this Blog  - - do you really think I'm a "Blonde-Hair Lady"  ?


When I first took this little assignment, it was only b-cuz.... Now, all the Recipients and I have developed a special Bond.  It's amazing how the Elderly really enjoy a home-cooked meal.  They are NOT in need of a meal - -  but it's truly a JOY to have a full-course meal delivered to your Home  - - - especially when you are ill.   And, it's all nearby the Church - - therefore, no need to travel far - - and I've found something I truly enjoy doing !  

In case you are wondering - - - tonight I just might get me a 'to-go plate' for myself !

1 comment:

Thank you for your comment !