Monday, February 22, 2016

Off to Class - - I go !

It's off to Class I go tonight - - to prepare for the following: 


Election Time - - one Saturday in March - - and one Saturday in April.   I actually look forward to - - not only the extra income - but - spending the day with School Friends, Church Friends, & Neighbors & Family - - who either are working the Election that day - - or coming out to do their Civic Duty....Voting! 

By having several Precincts housed into one School Gym, this allows us to socialize together the entire day - - which includes 'Pot Luck Lunch'.   Santa brought me a new Crock Pot for Christmas - - I plan to fill it up and bring it to the Election Day !  It's amazing to see so many retired, married couples that work together on Election Day - - some same Precinct - - some another Precinct.  


So - tonight (Monday, Feb. 22) - all Parish Election Commissioners must attend an Election Class to update & prepare for the actual Election Day scheduled for March & April.  Later in the Year, we will have an Election again - - once in November & once in December for Presidential Election.  I pray my name is drawn to work those 2 Election days as well. 


I truly thank GOD for the opportunity to hold this position - - it will come in handy upon my upcoming Retirement !


Tonight's Election class is only one hour long - - but the Election Day is about 12 hours long, but the socializing & fellowshipping with friends truly make for a Great Day !  

So tonight - - It's off to Class I go !

1 comment:

Thank you for your comment !