Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Lottie Moon - - continues

"Women on Mission" in my Church is promoting the Week of Prayer for Missionaries -
"Lottie Moon Mission Offering"
==============================================================
I hope you saw my recent Blog of the "Church Post Office"
to promote the "Lottie Moon Mission Offering"
 
Being so intrigued with the biography of  Lottie Moon - - last week I prepared a Flyer re:  "Lottie Moon - - with the purpose to only distribute to our ladies in "Women on Mission" at my Church - - - Well - - little did I know - - the Ladies would like it so much they requested our Pastor insert a copy in an upcoming December Church Bulletin - - to promote the "Lottie Moon Mission Offering" - with the purpose to let our Church Family know who Lottie really is.

This is truly a very small gesture - - but it certainly humbles & blesses me that I can do a little something to help in promoting Missions.  

The following is Lottie Moon's  - Tea Cookie Recipe' - I came upon !  Lottie was known for sharing her "Tea Cookies" with those to whom she shared the Gospel.   I'm providing copies of the Recipe' to our Ladies on Sunday !  - NO - I've never made the Cookies - - but I've eaten them !

=========================
Lottie  Moon's  Christmas  Cookies
(aka - - Sugar Biscuits)

1 Beaten egg
2 Cups Flour
1/2 (half) cup plus 1 tablespoon real Butter
1 heaping cup White Sugar
1 tablespoon Cream

Cream Butter & Sugar - - Add Beaten Egg - Add Flour & Cream - Mix well. 
Drop by teaspoons far apart onto Cookie Sheet.
Bake @  475 * for about 5 minutes - or - until lightly browned.
Cool & Eat
==========================

I have a Heart for Missions - - Matter of fact - - I've already begun preparing a 'flyer' for our next Missions Offering - - for Annie Armstrong  - - which is in March.  Our Church Family needs to know about Annie, also.   I wonder what kind of special treat (cooking) she is known for !


 

1 comment:

  1. Show your flyer on your blog. We would like to know about Lottie, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment !