Thursday, June 30, 2016

V.B.S. - - - Fellowship Time ! !

Judson's V.B.S. Commencement Night was Awesome!!   With a packed Sanctuary, I managed to sit on the Very Front Row with my "Church Family" - - (my Sunday School Ladies and their Grandchildren)  !   We  had a magnificent front-row view of all the V.B.S. Musical Sights & Sounds !






No, I did not attend the daily V.B.S Festivities - - but it was such a Joy to attend the Commencement Night Services.  Approximately 440 children attended V.B.S each day - - Plus  All the Teachers - - Assistants - - Kitchen Helpers - - & the Walkers (now with so many Children, Walkers are assigned to each Class - - to get the Children from one Class to the next.)








Everyone totally agreed there were lots of noise thru-out the Church Halls during the week of V.B.S  - - And - - Commencement Night was no exception - - it was truly noisy - - but full of JOY.
   




I've truly enjoyed hearing the Stories from 12 of the Ladies in my Sunday School Class that served in V.B.S.  - - There's definitely a place for anyone willing to Serve in V.B.S.  




My Sunday School Ladies with their Grandchildren & I were Blessed to enjoy the delicious Food with one another during Fellowship Time of Commencement Night - - -  - - My favorite was the Home-Made Cake & Ice Cream
 


This brought back so many wonderful Childhood memories of V.B.S.   Many, many years ago, my Maw-Maw was a dedicated worker in the Kitchen - - with her Sunday School Lady Friends.  I recall my Paw-Paw leading the V.B.S. Parade in his Police Car with the Siren blowing full-scale - - many, many years ago.  Amazingly,  some of those Teachers that taught me as a small Child in V.B.S. many, many years ago are still active Members of  J.B.C. today! 
 
This year's V.B.S. theme - Submerged in God's Word!



I look forward to being a V.B.S. "Walker" - - after I retire - one of these days !






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment !