Monday, June 27, 2016

Meet My "Church Pew" Friends

Meet my delightful "Church Pew Friends" - - Bonnie  &  Mr. Don !   A sweet couple from Kentucky settled next to Judson Baptist Church several years ago in Walker, Louisiana.  Bonnie is a Home Seamstress & Mr. Don is a Retired Military Veteran.   


We became "Church Pew Friends" several years ago.   You know how Southern Baptists have a tendency to make a habit out of sitting in the same location - - on the same Church Pew - - Sunday - after Sunday - after Sunday - -  This has 2 great purposes:
               -   Easily to locate someone !
               -   Great way to make new Friends !


And, that's exactly what I've done - - I've made 2 Dear Friends - - Although Bonnie & Mr. Don are a very active couple, Mr. Don was recently diagnosed with a severe health disorder.   This delightful couple & I had a very pleasant visit on Saturday.  They continue to maintain a beautiful yard on their own and gave me some pointers to use in my own yard!  I left feeling so motivated to go work in my yard - (but the temps were too hot - - heat index of 106 on Saturday) !


Bonnie & Mr. Don's children are coming from Kentucky to celebrate their 60th Wedding Anniversary in a few months.  Their Children plan to 'fill-up' several Church Pews in their Honor on that Special Day.  To my amazement, they invited me to help fill their Church Pew on their Special Day.                                  Meet my "Church Pew Friends", Bonnie & Mr. Don.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment !