Thursday, February 25, 2016

THE TORNADO ! !

Livingston Parish prepared for THE Storm that was projected to hit our area !
-  Schools & Day Cares were ALL closed.
Banks & Other Businesses prepared to be closed.
-  My Office was opened until 11:00 AM.
-  I managed to get home before the Rain !
-  It was amazing how the Electricity in my area never went off.
-  My Friends & I text one another while watching the Storm on T.V..
-  The News Media was showing dramatic storm reports around the area.
-  I used this afternoon to continue work on my new Quilt Creation!

---Then - - I realized - - I was not hearing from my dear Friend, Teri via TEXT.  We had been texting - - keeping each other Company during the Storm.   I assumed she had taken a Nap.

Then - - a Text from Teri revealed she just survived a Tornado.  She was sitting in her Recliner - - watching T.V.  &  Texting - - -when all of a sudden - - she heard this horrific,  undescribable noise - - but a sound she shall never forget - - she picked up her Cell Phone and did what she had always heard of others doing - - RUNNING to the Bathtub !   The only thing she did during the Tornado was PRAY ! ! !.  

Amazing how her Cell Phone had a signal - - after the Power Outage from the Tornado !

What a Relief she felt  - - when she heard the Sound quieted - - -she was thankful that everything in her house was fine - - BUT - - the SOUND returned.  The Tornado had returned !  She continued PRAYING.  

What seemed like an Hour - - was only about 10 minutes - - but again, she said - - it is something she shall never forget.  She said she has never been so Scared in her life !  She began Thanking GOD for protecting her during the Storm.  Power would be off for a while - - but she was very, very thankful GOD protected her !

The Lord is my Protector.....He keeps me Safe !   Psalms 18:2


This is the Street next to Teri's Home in Livingston
 Damaged home in Livingston Parish (Source: WAFB)









Damage in Livingston Parish (Source: WAFB)

























1 comment:

  1. Thankful for God's safety and protection of your friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment !