Wednesday, January 13, 2016

               Governor's  Inauguration  -  2016



Who would have thought  ! !  - - A man from Amite in Tangipahoa Parish would become our 56th  Governor of Louisiana.  Governor John Bel Edwards (no relation to Edwin !) was sworn in as our new Governor on the Steps of the State Capital January 11, 2016.  No I did NOT attend - - but my office staff and I watched the Ceremony on T.V.  It was certainly a chilly, but Beautiful day for an out-door Inauguration. 


It was a special moment for me when they introduced all the past Louisiana Governors.  Although Gov. Edwin Edwards has a 'history (reputation) of his own' - - he is still my favorite Louisiana Governor.  Having former in-laws from Avoyelles Parish (Gov. Edwin Edwards home Parish), the family would occasionally come into contact with Gov. Edwin Edwards -- he was always interesting to be around.  I was a State employee under his Administration.  He did support the State Employees - - which probably allowed him to serve as Governor 4 times in Louisiana.  


But, I must say the Inauguration was a Beautiful Ceremony ! The singing of the National Anthem and the special songs, as well as the Pledge of Allegiance to our American Flag continues to bring a special JOY to my soul.  Although I must say it was a Beautiful sight to see the 4 Patriotic Air Planes fly across the State Capitol during the Ceremony.  I feel Blessed to have been able to witness a special historical moment as our new Governor was sworn into office - - even if I viewed it from a Television!  


Embedded image permalink
Gov. John Bel Edwards & Family on that special day



During the Inauguration !






Embedded image permalink
Their New Home for the next 4 years


Description <b>Louisiana</b> <b>State</b> <b>Capitol</b>, Baton Rouge.jpg
May God Bless our Great State of Louisiana !













No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment !