Monday, July 13, 2015

My First "Quilt Show" ! !







This past Saturday, a dear friend in my Sunday School hosted a

I displayed 5 of my quilts - - pictures are on the side-bar of my Blog.
It was truly nice hearing the 'oohhing' & awe-ing' as all the quilts were displayed.   So many quilts were on display - - but no 2 were the same. 


My Grandmother was such an Inspiration to me - - as she would sit night after night (except Sunday) and quilt - - everything by hand - -  She would have her friends from Church over to quilt on her screened in back-porch - - during the days of no Air Conditioning ! 

My Aunt was also an inspiration to me in Quilting. 


We had 12 ladies attend the Quilt Show on Saturday  - - These ladies have become my dear friends over the years.  We plan to have our 2nd Quilt Show this Winter.  And, we are going on our first "National Craft Show" in October.

By the way - - this means - - - by Winter I must complete my "Dutch Girl Quilt" to display at our 2nd Quilt Show. 






 


1 comment:

Thank you for your comment !