Wednesday, January 28, 2015

"The Dutch Girls" - Quilt

For the past several years - - I've been Making One Quilt each Winter.   I must say - - although I've given several away - - I seem to be collecting quite a few Quilts.


Before my Dear Aunt passed away last year - - she graciously gave me a "Dutch Girl" quilt pattern - - - the pattern of which she had already cut out for 25 Quilt-Blocks - - including ALL the thread & fabric required for this task.  Imagine that !  She had such a Love for sewing  - - of which she inherited from my Grandma.

One cold Winter night several weeks ago - - - I pulled out the large container - - and began the Quilting.   At this moment - I only lack the embroidering of 2 more Quilt Blocks - - and the 25 Quilt-Blocks will be complete.   - - -
But - - this is not the completion - - This is only the Embroidering of Each Block  - - I will then piece together the blocks - - to 5 Blocks Each Row - - - -Then I will sew all the rows together - - to make a Quilt - - but - Must sew a Strip between each Row !   Then off to the Quilters it will go!

Titus  2:7   In all things showing yourself a pattern of good works: in doctrine showing soundness, gravity, sincerity,




1 comment:

Thank you for your comment !