Thursday, February 16, 2017

"Serving" my Green Beans & Potatoes





My Special Church Family called me & requested that I prepare a Vegetable Dish to be included with a family lunch after a Funeral last week.  I did not hesitate to say 'Yes'.  - - However  - - It's a known fact - - I am NOT a Chef  by any means !  But - - they needed food so they made it E-Z for me.  I prepared a dish of Ham-Flavored Green Beans - topped with New Potatoes - - all comes in a can - - but is truly delicious !  - -   Now - - to my amazement, the Team Leader asked me  to consider participating on 1 of 4  Church Ministry Teams for Future Meals needing to be prepared for Funeral Lunches.  The Lady asked that I prepare the exact Dish of "Green Beans (Ham-Flavored) - with New Potatoes on future Meals - - when I am asked.    I did not hesitate to say 'Yes'.  
'Best Ever' New Potatoes & Green Beans cooked in one pot with just a touch of sugar, tossed with garlic and butter. Kid approved!

       The purpose is for a Sad Occasion - but its truly a 'JOY to Serve' with my Special Church Family.

2 comments:

  1. Impressed!!! Never seen that in a can. How many cans for 1 dish?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pour five (5) LARGE cans in a special size Aluminum Dish. Prefer the Deep-Size Pan rather than the Oblong-Size Pan. Then, I buy more plain 'New Potatoes' to dress the top of the Dish. The pan is Disposable - - no washing - - makes for E-Z clean-up.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment !